The Society of American Archivists’ (SAA) Distinguished Service Award Subcommittee seeks nominations for the 2013 award. The deadline for submitting applications is February 28, 2013.
Created in 1964 and revised in 1993, this award recognizes an archival institution, education program, nonprofit organization, or government organization that has provided outstanding service to its public and has made an exemplary contribution to the archives profession. The institution being nominated should have achieved distinction in one or more of the following ways:
- Demonstrably contributing to archival theory and the development of new archival practice.
- Serving its constituency in an outstanding fashion.
- Showing extraordinary ingenuity and resourcefulness in improving efficiency of operations or methods of work.
- Going well beyond the normal performance requirements expected of an archival agency and thus providing a model for others.
- Developing over a period of years an archives program of such depth and scope as to warrant special recognition.
Please visit the following website for information about the award, including eligibility and nomination requirements: http://www2.archivists.org/governance/handbook/section12-service