Diocese of Owensboro – Director of Archives and Records
December 30, 2014
The Diocese of Owensboro has a job opportunity for a Director of Archives and Records. This position is located at the McRaith Catholic Center in Owensboro, KY. The Diocese encompasses 79 parishes and 17 schools in western Kentucky.
The Director of Archives and Records is a full-time position which collects, preserves, and makes available the permanent and official records of the Diocese of Owensboro and the Ursuline Community of Mount Saint Joseph, its people, institutions, and associations. It documents the historical richness, development, and the spiritual, temporal and business affairs of the Catholic Church of western Kentucky. The Office of Archives and Records is also responsible for efficient records management of diocesan offices, parishes, schools, and institutions. This position requires collaboration with the Diocese’s parishes and offices within the Diocese. When necessary, he/she will coordinate events, workshops and group presentations.
- Prefer Certified Archivist or Masters in Library Sciences with a concentration in Archives
- Experience in processing archival materials and records is required
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
- Commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
The Diocese of Owensboro is an equal opportunity employer that provides a wide range of benefits. All interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to:
Diocese of Owensboro
Human Resource Department
600 Locust Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
Email – Mary.email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.