What: Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians (OVGTSL) Annual Conference
When: May 28-30, 2014
Where: Ohio University Inn and Conference Center, Athens, OH
Registration: Coming soon!
Preliminary summaries of conference sessions are now available! See the title list below as a teaser, or click through to the site for descriptions at http://ovgtsl2014.wordpress.com/program/concurrent-sessions/ .
The Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians (OVGTSL) was founded in 1924 and draws its members primarily from Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky; however, membership and conference attendance are open to anyone interested in library and archive technical services. The purpose of the organization is to provide an opportunity to gather together for the interchange of ideas and discussion of issues in library and archive technical services; to form a united group with the aim to keep in touch with movements in the field of technical services; and to cooperate with and offer suggestions to the Association for Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS) of the American Library Association and/or the appropriate sections of this Division.
Concurrent Session Titles
- 3 x 3 : Three approaches to describing 3-D objects
- Collaborative Troubleshooting of Electronic Resources with Public Services Staff: Two Heads Are Better Than One
- Copy-Cataloging Made (Even) Easier
- Dead Links? No Problem. We’re In This Together.
- Expanding Access to Archival Collections through the Online Catalog
- From Microfilm to Digital Images: The National Digital Newspaper Program
- Lavery’s Collection Development: At the Corner of Library Wide Assessment and Value Added Services
- Meeting the Challenge in Managing Today’s Library E-resources Discovery and Access
- No Longer Hidden: Creating Access To Special Collections
- Off-Road Authority Control
- Publishing Cross-Platform E-Books With Open Source Tools
- Reimagining Digital Content on Ohio Memory: Beyond Search and Retrieval
- Streamlining Workflows: Transforming 20th Century Metadata Processes for 21st Century Access
- Teaching a New Dog New Tricks: Reflexivity and the Digital Repository Paradigm
- Tech Services Outreach?
- Technical Services on the Move from Local to Global: A Migration to OCLC WorldShare
- The Benefits of Centralized Project Management
- The Dilemma of Building Ebook Collections: Acquisition, Access, and Ambiguity
- Unexpected directions: Moving from Dublin Core to MARC
- Using CONTENTdm for Archives Administration: A Case Study
- Working with Staff to Make Change a Positive Force — Formula for success: Revolution + Motivation = Transformation