Engaging our Communities in Archives Outreach Through Innovation and Assessment
Friday, May 12, 2017
The Filson Historical Society
Call for Proposals
For this meeting, we are looking at how archives can conduct, improve, and assess outreach. We would love to hear what activities you have done to promote your work and institution and engage the public in the archives profession. Have you developed a social media strategy? Have you done any assessment to measure the value of your outreach efforts? Have you had success with a creative, atypical archives public event that demonstrated clear value and impact? We want to hear about it!
Use the following online form to submit your proposals: http://tinyurl.com/KCA2017springproposal
Proposals should be submitted by Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Presenters can be archivists, graduate students, and other interested allied professionals
- Propose a presentation, paper, or other type of training session focused on outreach in archives.
- Membership is not required to submit a proposal (but membership is always appreciated and encouraged!)
- Nominate colleagues or suggest ideas for speakers from cross-sector professions such as libraries and museums.
- Suggest different session formats (fish bowl, lightning round, outreach related networking activi-ty, hands-on assessment case study, statistics and data-driven decision making exercise, etc.)