The Kentucky Council on Archives (KCA) accepts letters of request for financial support of events and external projects from archival organizations and KCA members. KCA is particularly interested in funding community-wide professional development (i.e. workshops, training), advocacy initiatives, and archival outreach opportunities. Requests are evaluated on their potential contribution and measurable benefits to the Kentucky archival community, notably their impact on the broad and diverse membership of the Kentucky Council on Archives. Funds are not available for individuals to offset personal costs incurred through workshop and training attendance, or for travel requests and conference registration.
Funding available for these requests is dependent on KCA’s annual budget. The total annual disbursement will not exceed 35% of total dues received from members during the previous calendar year. Note, the KCA Board retains the right to not grant monies during a funding cycle. Groups and individuals may apply in consecutive cycles for funding. For 2017, the fund available is $500.00.
To effectively evaluate letters of request, all submissions must:
- Specify the amount of funding requested.
- Describe the organization and/or individual submitting the request and its history, mission, values, and programs.
- Describe the intended use of KCA funding, including event or project elements and location.
- Describe the intended audience of KCA funding.
- Describe the anticipated outcomes of KCA funding.
- Upon completion of the project or event, submit a brief report to KCA describing the use of the funding and the outcomes.
Requests are considered yearly. The submission deadline is April 15, 2017; notification and receipt of monies by the end of May 2017.
Letters of request must be submitted electronically to the Fund Award Committee Chairperson, Edna Fugate, at email@example.com.
Not Eligible for Funding
- Archival supplies
- Food or beverage
- Individual professional development
- Individual membership or registration fees
- Activities or materials of a political nature
View or download the full award rubric here. This rubric will be used by the Fund Award Committee to evaluate proposals.