Applications are now being accepted for the 2015 KCA Fund Award ($500 maximum).
The Kentucky Council on Archives (KCA) accepts letters of requests for financial support of external projects from other archival organizations and individuals. For example, previous financial support has been granted to projects managed by the State Historical Records Advisory Board’s Kentucky Archives Month Committee and the Local Arrangements Committee for the Midwest Archives Conference. KCA is particularly interested in funding community-wide professional development (i.e. workshops, training), archives advocacy initiatives, and archival outreach opportunities.
Requests are evaluated on their potential contribution and quantifiable benefits to the Kentucky archival community, notably their impact on the broad and diverse membership of the Kentucky Council on Archives. Funds are not available for individuals to offset personal costs incurred through workshop and training attendance, or for travel requests and conference registration.
To effectively evaluate letters of request, all submissions must:
- Specify the amount of funding requested.
- Describe the organization and/or individual submitting the request and its history, mission, values, and programs.
- Describe the intended use of KCA funding, including project elements and location.
- Describe the intended audience of KCA funding.
- Describe the anticipated outcomes of KCA funding.
- Upon completion of the project or event, submit a brief report to KCA describing the use of the funding and the outcomes.
Funding available for these requests is dependent on KCA’s annual budget. The total annual disbursement will not exceed 35% of total dues received from members during the previous calendar year. Note, the KCA Board retains the right to not grant monies during a funding cycle. Groups and individuals may apply in consecutive cycles for funding. For 2015, the fund available is $500.00. Information is available at www.kyarchivists.com/kca-funding/
The submission deadline is Wednesday, April 15, 2015; notification and receipt of monies by the end of May 2015. Submit applications or questions electronically to Sarah-Jane Poindexter, Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah-Jane Poindexter and the KCA Fund Award Committee