- The ArchivesSpace team is happy to announce that the script and complete documentation for migrating Archon instances to ArchivesSpace are now available to the general public at http://www.archivesspace.org/migrations.
- If you cannot make it to SAA, recordings of select sessions will be available through the SAA Bookstore (Keyword: 2014 Conference) for $29.99. Those who purchase the recordings will receive an email with a link and passcode as soon as the recordings are available.
- Registration Open for the ICA Annual Conference: The International Council on Archives (ICA) annual conference will take place in Girona, Spain, October 13–15. The title of this year’s conference is Archives and Cultural Industries; the event seeks to address how collections should be organized, described, digitized, and disseminated to ensure access and enhance their value and the new business of dealing with the creation and distribution of digital content, among other trends and topics. Registration deadline: July 31.
- The National Coalition for History (NCH) has worked with the offices of Congressman John Larson (D-CT) and Tom Cole (R-OK) on creation of a Congressional History Caucus, whose purpose is to provide a forum for members of Congress to share their interest in history and to promote an awareness of the subject on Capitol Hill. Read about the caucus—and encourage your Congressional representative to join and participate actively in the caucus’s activities.
- SAA workshop offering: Copyright Law for Archivists: A Risk Assessment Approach #1501.
Details: Fri, Sep 19, 2014,through Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at the Campbell Center for Historic Preservation Studies in Mount Carroll, IL. Early-Bird Registration
Deadline: August 20, 2014.
- Registration for the National Colloquium on Library Special Collections at Case Western Reserve University, “Acknowledging the Past, Forging the Future,” is now open for registration. Attendance at the colloquium will be limited, and there is an early bird registration price for registrations before September 1, so early registration is strongly encouraged. Full information is below, and the registration form can be found at http://library.case.edu/ksl/collections/special/colloquium/register.php
This entry was posted in KCA News
. Bookmark the permalink