Morehead State University, recognized as one of the top public universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report, is accepting applications for a full-time standing position as Head of Special Collections and Archives in the Camden-Carroll Library. Responsibilities: Manages the special collections department and provides leadership in preservation and access of archival and manuscript collections. The position also functions as Records Keeper for the University.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited program or foreign equivalent by appointment date
- At least three years’ professional library experience and
- Evidence of continued professional growth.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Certified Archivist or experience/coursework in special collections or archives.
- Familiarity with Encoded Archival Description (EAD) and manuscript cataloguing
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of computer applications germane to the processing of archival and manuscript materials
- Concentration in a humanities or social science discipline, preferably American literature, Appalachian literature, Kentucky or Southern history
- Experience with grant-writing, digital preservation and conservation, teaching and creative displays
Review of applications will begin November 26, 2013 and will continue until position is filled. To apply, visit: www.moreheadstate.edu/employment to complete the MSU Application for Employment and submit a letter of application, curriculum vita including names and contact information for three references. Contact the Office of Human Resources at (606) 783-2097 should you have questions about our online application.
Morehead State University is an EO/AA educator and employer with a strong commitment to community engagement.